Above you can see the fancy plans for my garden that my son, Ned created for me on his i-Pad:) However, up until this point, I’ve been making do with drawing my beds out on pieces of paper.
- Measure your space
- Draw it out onto a piece of paper
- Decide if you’re growing Sweet Peas (they need somewhere to climb either up a wall or in pots) – if so divide part of your paper into 15 x 15cm squares for those.
- Decide if you’re growing Dahlias. They will need 75 x 75 cms so allocate some of your space for those.
- Divide the rest of your space into 30cm squares – this will be our general rule for all other plants – although you can get more detailed with your dividing by looking for the plants you're planning to grow here, each shows the space it needs to grow.
- How many squares do you have? This is how many plants you’ll have come the summer – all going well!
Head over to Instagram and share how many plants you’ll be growing to give this summer – remember to tag me @the.floral.project and use the hashtag #thefloralproject to make sure I see your post!