The Floral Project
There's simply nothing that compares to the feeling of giving away your first bunch of flowers that you've sown and grown yourself.
That look in the recipients' eyes as they realise they have been thought about, the nostalgia evoked by the scent of fresh flowers and the feeling of being cared for and appreciated.
And knowing you did something you had no idea you were capable of.
All of this and more is what we're all about here at The Floral Project.
Sowing. Growing. Giving.
That's what we do.
Want to join us?
Your Floral Project is a year-long program to take you step-by-step through the whole process from which seeds to sow when, to how to cut and arrange your flowers and how to give where they will be most appreciated and needed.
how does it work?
Starting in September, we'll start to grow together.
You'll receive access to our online portal with:
- Simple shopping lists with links to the ten varieties of seeds I'm sowing at four key points in the year. That way we all grow the same flowers, but you get to choose the colours you love and don't have to think about what to do when.
- A monthly step-by-step practical guide with what to do that month
- A monthly mindset/motivational/giving video
- A monthly virtual garden tour so you can see what's working and what's not in my own garden
- An optional monthly virtual coffee morning
- The Planning the Grow to Give Workshop on demand for when you need to figure out how many plants you could grow
- Done for you planting plans for different sizes of growing spaces
- Discounts for members only
- 100 Floral Project Stickers to encourage you to give away as many posies as possible and show that you're part of something bigger
and there's more...
- A comprehensive guide to each flower we're growing - spacing, whether to pinch, where to cut, whether you can grow in containers in a way that's simple and easy to access
- Four optional challenges to take part in over the course of a year if that's your thing.
- Floral Project Badge to add to your social media
- Shout-outs and shares on the Floral Project instagram account
- Option to invite friends so your place becomes free and you get friends in real life to grow with as well as all of us online - so more and more flowers grown and given
- Private Floral Project Members Only Facebook Group just for those in this program so you can show off those pictures and ask for support from your fellow growers
- New friends as we all grow together.
what's special about this program?
This is a UK-focussed program. I love it that Floral Projects are kicking off all around the world, but everything I'll share with you here is based on UK climate and growing conditions.
This is YOUR own Floral Project. I'll show you what each flower looks like as it blooms so you can choose to grow only what makes your heart sing and never more than you can handle with your particular space and lifestyle.
I'm going to let you in on a secret. I don't so anything special with my soil, I rarely feed my plants, I rarely do anything about slugs and pests. That's because I like to tread lightly on this earth and use as few resources as possible, contribute to the local wildlife, and quite frankly, I'm a big fan of simplicity in everything. I'll show you how that's possible when you're growing too.
I do have one secret ingredient that will fuel your whole growing and giving project - it's free, you have bucket loads of it already and I'll tell you what it is in module one:)
This is the only program created with flower donation as the end goal. Of course, you'll get to enjoy your cut flower patch, but more importantly, please only join if you're looking to grow flowers to give to charities, organisations and individuals who wouldn't normally receive flowers to brighten their day. We'll help you find those people if you don't know where you're going to give yet.
when does it start?
The first module will be released in the first week of September - the perfect time to kick off sowing our flowers that will bloom in 2022 there will be new modules released each month.
I want to encourage as many people as possible to join us as we all grow together so membership of Your Floral Project will be just £9.95 a month. Ideally you'll grow with us for the whole year, but you can also simply stay as long as you'd like.
There will only be limited spots available in our first intake so please leave your details below to be notified when registration opens.
What if I've never grown anything before?
No problem, we have many many newbies who join us at The Floral Project - this is the perfect way to get started!
Do I have to buy a load of kit to start?
No. At key points in the year, I'll let you know exactly which seeds to purchase - they will either be from myself or another supplier that I love. Then you'll need compost and something to grow your seeds in (old yoghurt pots will be fine!). And finally, somewhere in your garden that gets 6-8 hours of sunshine a day (or pots that you can move into the light).
What if I'm an experienced gardener?
You're also very welcome! When you start Your Floral Project, the aim is to make it so that you don't even have to think about what you're doing - just follow the steps and watch your cut flower patch bloom!
Do I need a greenhouse?
How much time will I need?
I won't lie this will take some of your time, but you will find it a relaxing break from your everyday - spending time with nature is such a great way to unwind and slow down. You will need to spend an hour or so working on your Floral Project each week. Until you have blooms and it's the height of summer and then you can expect to spend up to about 3 hours a week watering, cutting and arranging your flowers.
How much space will I need?
I'll provide you with planting plans for 50m², 20m², 5m² beds and containers - basically as long as you have at least 2m² of growing space, you'll be able to create posies from the flowers from your garden. Starting small is always best!
How long do I have to stay with Your Floral Project?
You can stay as long as you like!
What happens if I cancel?
If you cancel, you'll lose access to the membership portal with all it's content and upcoming materials and student-only Facebook Group.
How soon will I be giving my first flowers away?
As early as Christmas this year!
Who will I give my flowers to?
I'll help you figure that bit out too
I still have questions
No problem - just email me on the contact link above.